Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Circulatory System 390-459 > Diseases Of Arteries, Arterioles, And Capillaries 440-449 > Polyarteritis nodosa and allied conditions 446-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 446.21
- ICD-9-CM 446.21 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 446.21.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 446.21: 2014.
- An autoimmune disease of the kidney and the lung. It is characterized by the presence of circulating autoantibodies targeting the epitopes in the non-collagenous domains of collagen type iv in the basement membranes of kidney glomeruli (kidney glomerulus) and lung alveoli (pulmonary alveoli), and the subsequent destruction of these basement membranes. Clinical features include pulmonary alveolar hemorrhage and glomerulonephritis.
- An autoimmune disorder characterized by pulmonary hemorrhage and glomerulonephritis. It is a hypersensitivity reaction resulting in the formation of antibodies against the pulmonary alveoli and the basement membrane of the glomeruli.
- An autoimmune disorder characterized by the production of autoantibodies against type iv collagen of the glomerular basement membrane of the kidney. In the majority of patients the immune reaction also extends to the alveolar capillary membrane of the lungs. The latter cases are referred to as goodpasture syndrome.
- Combination of pulmonary hemorrhage and glomerulonephritis; known also as the lung purpura glomerulonephritis complex; considered by some to be a form of hypersensitivity reaction.
- Antiglomerular basement membrane antibody-mediated nephritis with pulmonary hemorrhage
- Use additional code to identify renal disease (583.81)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 446.21:
- Angiitis 447.6
- Goodpasture's syndrome (pneumorenal) 446.21
- Hemorrhage, hemorrhagic (nontraumatic) 459.0
- pulmonary (see also Hemorrhage, lung) 786.30
- renal 593.81
- pulmonary syndrome 446.21
- Syndrome - see also Disease
- Goodpasture's (pneumorenal) 446.21
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 446.21 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.