Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Circulatory System 390-459 > Diseases Of Arteries, Arterioles, And Capillaries 440-449 > Polyarteritis nodosa and allied conditions 446-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 446.1
Acute febrile mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome [MCLS]
- Short description: Mucocutan lymph node syn.
- ICD-9-CM 446.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 446.1.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 446.1: 2014.
- A vasculitis characterized by inflammation of the arteries, particularly the coronary arteries. The vasculitis may lead to aneurysm formation and possibly, heart attacks. It affects young children who usually present with persistent high fever, redness of the mucous membranes of the mouth, redness of the palms and soles, skin rashes, lymphadenitis, and joint pain and swelling.
- An acute, febrile, mucocutaneous condition accompanied by swelling of cervical lymph nodes in infants and young children. The principal symptoms are fever, congestion of the ocular conjunctivae, reddening of the lips and oral cavity, protuberance of tongue papillae, and edema or erythema of the extremities.
- Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease. It makes the walls of the blood vessels throughout the body become inflamed. It can affect any type of blood vessel, including the arteries, veins and capillaries.no one knows what causes kawasaki disease. Symptoms include
- high fever
- swollen lymph nodes in the neck
- a rash on the mid-section and genital area
- red, dry, cracked lips and a red, swollen tongue
- red, swollen palms of the hands and soles of the feet
- redness of the eyes
- Systemic disease primarily of infants and young children, characterized by skin rash, swelling of hands and feet, enlarged cervical lymph nodes, "strawberry tongue", dry and cracked lips, high fevers, and coronary artery disease.
- Acute febrile mucocutaneous LN syndrome
- Acute febrile mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome
- Kawasakis mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome
- Kawasaki disease
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 446.1:
- Disease, diseased - see also Syndrome
- Kawasaki 446.1
- Kawasaki disease 446.1
- MCLS (mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome) 446.1
- Mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome (acute) (febrile) (infantile) 446.1
- Syndrome - see also Disease
- mucocutaneous lymph node (acute) (febrile) (infantile) (MCLS) 446.1
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 446.1 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.