Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Circulatory System 390-459 > Cerebrovascular Disease 430-438 > Other and unspecified intracranial hemorrhage 432-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 432.1
- ICD-9-CM 432.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 432.1.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 432.1: 2014.
- A collection of extravascular blood in the intracranial subdural space
- Accumulation of blood in the subdural space between the dura mater and the arachnoidal layer of the meninges. This condition primarily occurs over the surface of a cerebral hemisphere, but may develop in the spinal canal (hematoma, subdural, spinal). Subdural hematoma can be classified as the acute or the chronic form, with immediate or delayed symptom onset, respectively. Symptoms may include loss of consciousness, severe headache, and deteriorating mental status.
- Bleeding into the intracranial subdural space
- Cerebral hemorrhage into the subdural space. See also stroke syndrome.
- Charcot's arthropathy due to syringomyelia (disorder)
- Chronic nontraumatic subdural hemorrhage (disorder)
- Nontraumatic subdural hematoma with brain compression (disorder)
- Nontraumatic subdural hematoma with brain compression and coma (disorder)
- Spontaneous acute subdural hemorrhage (disorder)
- Spontaneous subacute subdural hemorrhage (disorder)
- Subdural hematoma
- Subdural hematoma, nontraumatic w brain compression
- Subdural hematoma, nontraumatic w coma and brain compression
- Subdural hematoma, with brain compression
- Subdural hematoma, with coma
- Subdural hemorrhage, nontraumatic, acute
- Subdural hemorrhage, nontraumatic, chronic
- Subdural hemorrhage, nontraumatic, subacute
- Syringomyelia w Charcots arthropathy
- Syringomyelia with Charcots arthropathy
- Subdural hematoma, nontraumatic
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 432.1:
- Hematoma (skin surface intact) (traumatic) - see also Contusion
- brain (traumatic) 853.0
- contusion - see Contusion, brain
- laceration - see Laceration, brain
- open intracranial wound 853.1
- skull fracture - see Fracture, skull, by site
- extradural or epidural 852.4
- fetus or newborn NEC 767.0
- nontraumatic (see also Hemorrhage, brain) 431
- subarachnoid, arachnoid, or meningeal 852.0
- subdural 852.2
- subdural - see also Hematoma, brain, subdural
- fetus or newborn (localized) 767.0
- nontraumatic (see also Hemorrhage, subdural) 432.1
- brain (traumatic) 853.0
- Hemorrhage, hemorrhagic (nontraumatic) 459.0
- subdural (nontraumatic) 432.1
- subtentorial (see also Hemorrhage, subdural) 432.1
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 432.1 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.