2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 389.7
Deaf, nonspeaking, not elsewhere classifiable
- Short description: Deaf, nonspeaking NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 389.7 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 389.7 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 389.7.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 389.7: 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM H91.3 Deaf nonspeaking, not elsewhere classified
- Congenital hearing loss with inability to speak
- Deaf mutism
- Deafmutism-retinal degeneration syndrome
- On examination - deaf
- Ziprkowski-Margolis syndrome