Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Nervous System And Sense Organs 320-389 > Disorders Of The Eye And Adnexa 360-379 > Other retinal disorders 362-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 362.21
- ICD-9-CM 362.21 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 362.21.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 362.21: 2014.
- A bilateral retinopathy characterized by neovascularization, scarring, retinal detachment, and eventually blindness. It may be mild or severe. It occurs in babies born prematurely. Causes include oxygen toxicity and hypoxia.
- A bilateral retinopathy occurring in premature infants treated with excessively high concentrations of oxygen, characterized by vascular dilatation, proliferation, and tortuosity, edema, and retinal detachment, with ultimate conversion of the retina into a fibrous mass that can be seen as a dense retrolental membrane. Usually growth of the eye is arrested and may result in microophthalmia, and blindness may occur. (Dorland, 27th ed)
- Bilateral retinopathy typically occurring in premature infants treated with high concentrations of oxygen; characterized by vascular dilation, proliferation, and tortuosity, edema, and retinal detachment with ultimate conversion of the retina into a fibrous mass; usually growth of the eye is arrested and may result in microophthalmia; blindness may occur.
- Bilat retrolental fibroplasia
- Bilateral retrolental fibroplasia
- L retrolental fibroplasia
- Left retrolental fibroplasia
- R retrolental fibroplasia
- Retrolental fibroplasia, both eyes
- Right retrolental fibroplasia
- Cicatricial retinopathy of prematurity
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 362.21:
- Dysplasia - see also Anomaly
- retrolental (see also Retinopathy of prematurity) 362.21
- Fibroplasia, retrolental (see also Retinopathy of prematurity) 362.21
- Retinopathy (background) 362.10
- Syndrome - see also Disease
- Terry's (see also Retinopathy of prematurity) 362.21
- Terry's syndrome (see also Retinopathy of prematurity) 362.21
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 362.21 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.