Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Nervous System And Sense Organs 320-389 > Disorders Of The Eye And Adnexa 360-379 > Retinal detachments and defects 361-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 361.9
Unspecified retinal detachment
- Short description: Retinal detachment NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 361.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 361.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 361.9: 2014.
- A disorder characterized by the separation of the inner retina layers from the underlying pigment epithelium.
- An eye emergency condition which may lead to blindness if left untreated. It is characterized by the separation of the inner retina layers from the underlying pigment epithelium. Causes include trauma, advanced diabetes mellitus, high myopia, and choroid tumors. Symptoms include sudden appearance of floaters, sudden light flushes, and blurred vision.
- Separation of the inner layers of the retina (neural retina) from the pigment epithelium. Retinal detachment occurs more commonly in men than in women, in eyes with degenerative myopia, in aging and in aphakia. It may occur after an uncomplicated cataract extraction, but it is seen more often if vitreous humor has been lost during surgery. (Dorland, 27th ed; newell, ophthalmology: principles and concepts, 7th ed, p310-12).
- Separation of the inner layers of the retina from the pigment epithelium.
- Recent partial retinal detachment
- Recent subtotal retinal detachment
- Retinal detachment
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 361.9:
- retinae (see also Detachment, retina) 361.9
- Amotio retinae (see also Detachment, retina) 361.9
- retina (recent) 361.9
- with retinal defect (rhegmatogenous) 361.00
- delimited (old) (partial) 361.06
- pigment epithelium (RPE) (serous) 362.42
- rhegmatogenous (see also Detachment, retina, with retinal defect) 361.00
- serous (without retinal defect) 361.2
- specified type NEC 361.89
- traction (with vitreoretinal organization) 361.81
- retina (recent) 361.9
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 361.9 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.