Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Nervous System And Sense Organs 320-389 > Inflammatory Diseases Of The Central Nervous System 320-327 > Encephalitis myelitis and encephalomyelitis 323-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 323.61
Infectious acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
- Short description: Inf ac dis encephalomyel.
- ICD-9-CM 323.61 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 323.61.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 323.61: 2014.
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis
- Acute disseminated infectious encephalomyelitis (disorder)
- Acute hemorrhagic leukoencephalitis
- Disseminated infectious encephalomyelitis, acute
- Encephalitis, acute disseminated
- Infectious acute disseminated encephalomyelitis
- Postinfectious encephalitis, acute disseminated
- Acute necrotizing hemorrhagic encephalopathy
Convert to ICD-10-CM
Convert to ICD-10-CM: 323.61 converts approximately to:
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 323.61:
- ADEM (acute disseminated encephalomyelitis) (postinfectious) 136.9 [323.61]
- infectious 136.9 [323.61]
- noninfectious 323.81
- Encephalitis (bacterial) (chronic) (hemorrhagic) (idiopathic) (nonepidemic) (spurious) (subacute) 323.9
- Encephalomyelitis (chronic) (granulomatous) (myalgic, benign) (see also Encephalitis) 323.9
- Encephalopathy (acute) 348.30
- hemorrhagic (acute) 323.61
- subacute 330.8
- Leukoencephalopathy (see also Encephalitis) 323.9
- Meningoencephalomyelitis (see also Meningoencephalitis) 323.9
- Myelinoclasis, perivascular, acute (postinfectious) NEC 136.9 [323.61]
- postimmunization or postvaccinal 323.51
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 323.61 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.