Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Mental Disorders 290-319 > Neurotic Disorders, Personality Disorders, And Other Nonpsychotic Mental Disorders 300-316 > Special symptoms or syndromes not elsewhere classified 307-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 307.1
- ICD-9-CM 307.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 307.1.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 307.1: 2014.
- A disorder most often seen in adolescent females characterized by a refusal to maintain a minimally normal body weight, an intense fear of gaining weight, a disturbance in body image, and, in postmenarcheal females, the development of amenorrhea.
- An eating disorder marked by an intense fear of gaining weight, a refusal to maintain a healthy weight, and a distorted body image. People with anorexia nervosa have an abnormal loss of appetite for food, try to avoid eating, and eat as little as possible.
- An eating disorder that is characterized by the lack or loss of appetite, known as anorexia. Other features include excess fear of becoming overweight; body image disturbance; significant weight loss; refusal to maintain minimal normal weight; and amenorrhea. This disorder occurs most frequently in adolescent females. (apa, thesaurus of psychological index terms, 1994)
- Syndrome in which the primary features include excessive fear of becoming overweight, body image disturbance, significant weight loss, refusal to maintain minimal normal weight, and amenorrhea. This disorder occurs most frequently in adolescent females.
- Syndrome in which the primary features include excessive fear of becoming overweight, body image disturbance, significant weight loss, refusal to maintain minimal normal weight, and amenorrhea; disorder occurs most frequently in adolescent females.
- Anorexia nervosa, binge-eating purging type
- Anorexia nervosa, purging subtype
- Anorexia nervosa, restricting subtype
- Anorexia nervosa, restricting type
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 307.1:
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 307.1 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.