2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 294.21
Dementia, unspecified, with behavioral disturbance
- Short description: Demen NOS w behav distrb.
- ICD-9-CM 294.21 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 294.21 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 294.21.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 294.21: 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM F03.91 Unspecified dementia with behavioral disturbance
- Dementia w behavioral disturbance
- Dementia with behavioral disturbance
- Aggressive behavior
- Combative behavior
- Violent behavior
- Use additional code, where applicable, to identify:
wandering in conditions classified elsewhere (V40.31)
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 294.21
- Dementia 294.20
- with behavioral disturbance (aggressive) (combative) (violent) 294.21