Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Blood And Blood-Forming Organs 280-289 > Aplastic anemia and other bone marrow failure syndromes 284-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 284.1
- There are 3 ICD-9-CM codes below 284.1 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- pancytopenia (due to) (with):
- aplastic anemia NOS (284.9)
- bone marrow infiltration (284.2)
- constitutional red blood cell aplasia (284.01)
- hairy cell leukemia (202.4)
- human immunodeficiency virus disease (042)
- leukoerythroblastic anemia (284.2)
- malformations (284.09)
- myelodysplastic syndromes (238.72-238.75)
- myeloproliferative disease (238.79)
- other constitutional aplastic anemia (284.09)
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 284.1 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.