Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Endocrine, Nutritional And Metabolic Diseases, And Immunity Disorders 240-279 > Other Metabolic Disorders And Immunity Disorders 270-279 > Other and unspecified disorders of metabolism 277-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 277.0
- There are 5 ICD-9-CM codes below 277.0 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 277.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 277.0: 2014.
- A common hereditary disease in which exocrine (secretory) glands produce abnormally thick mucus. This mucus can cause problems in digestion, breathing, and body cooling.
- A congenital metabolic disorder affecting the exocrine glands, inherited as an autosomal trait. The secretions of exocrine glands are abnormal, resulting in excessively viscid mucus production which causes obstruction of passageways (including pancreatic and bile ducts, intestines, and bronchi). The sweat sodium and chloride content are increased. Symptoms usually appear in childhood and include meconium ileus, poor growth despite good appetite, malabsorption and foul bulky stools, chronic bronchitis with cough, recurrent pneumonia, bronchiectasis, emphysema, clubbing of the fingers, and salt depletion in hot weather.
- Most common potentially lethal autosomal recessive disease affecting caucasians; characterized by chronic pulmonary, intestinal, liver, pancreatic, and exocrine gland dysfunction; caused by mutations of the cftr chloride channel.
- Fibrocystic disease of the pancreas
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 277.0 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.