Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Endocrine, Nutritional And Metabolic Diseases, And Immunity Disorders 240-279 > Diseases Of Other Endocrine Glands 249-259 > Disorders of adrenal glands 255-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 255.13
- ICD-9-CM 255.13 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 255.13.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 255.13: 2014.
- A group of disorders caused by defective salt reabsorption in the ascending loop of henle. It is characterized by severe salt-wasting, hypokalemia; hypercalciuria; metabolic alkalosis, and hyper-reninemic hyperaldosteronism without hypertension. There are several subtypes including ones due to mutations in the renal specific sodium-potassium-chloride symporters.
- A rare inherited syndrome characterized by juxtaglomerular cell hyperplasia, hyperaldosteronism, hypokalemia, and alkalosis. Patients have high levels of plasma renin concentration which is not associated with hypertension.
- Hypertrophy and hyperplasia of the juxtaglomerular apparatus with secondary hyperaldosteronism with normal blood pressure and hyperkalemic alkalosis in the absence of edema. Most patients show growth and mental retardation. Nephrocalcinosis and hypercalcinuria occur in some cases. Diuretic abuse may produce a syndrome with similar characteristics (pseudo-bartter or factitious bartter syndrome).
- Transmitted as an autosomal recessive trait; characterized by hypertrophy and hyperplasia of the juxtaglomerular cells, and increased concentrations of renin, angiotensin ii, and aldosterone in the absence of edema and hypertension.
- Bartter syndrome
- Bartter's syndrome with hypercalciuria and nephrocalcinosis
- Pseudoprimary aldosteronism (disorder)
- Pseudoprimary hyperaldosteronism
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 255.13:
- Bartter's syndrome (secondary hyperaldosteronism with juxtaglomerular hyperplasia) 255.13
- Syndrome - see also Disease
- Bartter's (secondary hyperaldosteronism with juxtaglomerular hyperplasia) 255.13
- hyperaldosteronism with hypokalemic alkalosis (Bartter's) 255.13
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 255.13 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.