2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 249.91
Secondary diabetes mellitus with unspecified complication, uncontrolled
- Short description: Sec DM unsp uncontrold.
- ICD-9-CM 249.91 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 249.91 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 249.91.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 249.91: 2014 2015.
can be converted using the following scenario:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM E08.8 Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition with unspecified complications
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM E09.8 Drug or chemical induced diabetes mellitus with unspecified complications
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM E08.65 Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition with hyperglycemia