2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 240.0
Goiter, specified as simple
- Short description: Simple goiter.
- ICD-9-CM 240.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 240.0 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 240.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 240.0: 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM E04.0 Nontoxic diffuse goiter
- Simple goiter
- Simple thyroid goiter
- Any condition classifiable to 240.9, specified as simple
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 240.0
- Goiter (adolescent) (colloid) (diffuse) (dipping) (due to iodine deficiency) (endemic) (euthyroid) (heart) (hyperplastic) (internal) (intrathoracic) (juvenile) (mixed type) (nonendemic) (parenchymatous) (plunging) (sporadic) (subclavicular) (substernal) 240.9
- simple 240.0