Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Neoplasms 140-239 > Malignant Neoplasm Of Genitourinary Organs 179-189 > Malignant neoplasm of other and unspecified female genital organs 184-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 184.4
Malignant neoplasm of vulva, unspecified site
- Short description: Malign neopl vulva NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 184.4 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 184.4.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 184.4: 2014.
- Primary or metastatic malignant neoplasm involving the vulva.
- Vulvar cancer is a rare type of cancer. It forms in a woman's external genitals, called the vulva. The cancer usually develops slowly over several years. First, precancerous cells grow on vulvar skin. This is called vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia (vin), or dysplasia. Not all vin cases turn into cancer, but it is best to treat it early. Often, vulvar cancer doesn't cause early symptoms. However, see your doctor for testing if you notice
- a lump in the vulva
- vulvar itching or tenderness
- bleeding that is not your period
- Adenocarcinoma, vulva
- Cancer of the vulva
- Cancer of the vulva, adenocarcinoma
- Cancer of the vulva, disseminated
- Cancer of the vulva, Pagets disease
- Cancer of the vulva, Pagets disease, invasive
- Cancer of the vulva, recurrent to primary site
- Cancer of the vulva, squamous cell
- Cancer of vulva, disseminated
- Cancer of vulva, overlapping sites
- Disseminated vulvar cancer
- Invasive Paget disease, vulvar cancer
- Invasive pagets disease of vulva
- Invasive vulval Paget's disease
- Malignant melanoma of vulva
- Melanoma, vulva
- Overlapping malignant neoplasm of vulva
- Paget disease, vulvar cancer
- Pagets disease of vulva
- Paget's disease of vulva
- Primary adenocarcinoma of vulva
- Primary malignant neoplasm of vulva
- Primary malignant neoplasm of vulva, with widespread metastatic disease (disorder)
- Recurrent primary malignant neoplasm of vulva
- Recurrent vulvar cancer
- Squamous cell carcinoma of vulva
- Squamous cell carcinoma, vulva
- Vulvar cancer
- Vulvar cancer, overlapping sites
- External female genitalia NOS
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 184.4:
- Melanoma (malignant) (M8720/3) 172.9
- female genital organ (external) NEC 184.4
- pudendum 184.4
- vulva 184.4
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 184.4 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.