Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Infectious And Parasitic Diseases 001-139 > Intestinal Infectious Diseases 001-009 > Amebiasis 006-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 006.3
Amebic liver abscess
- ICD-9-CM 006.3 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 006.3.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 006.3: 2014.
- Hepatic amebiasis
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 006.3:
- Abscess (acute) (chronic) (infectional) (lymphangitic) (metastatic) (multiple) (pyogenic) (septic) (with lymphangitis) (see also Cellulitis) 682.9
- amebic 006.3
- Ameba, amebic (histolytica) - see also Amebiasis
- Amebiasis NEC 006.9
- hepatic (see also Abscess, liver, amebic) 006.3
- Dysentery, dysenteric (bilious) (catarrhal) (diarrhea) (epidemic) (gangrenous) (hemorrhagic) (infectious) (sporadic) (tropical) (ulcerative) 009.0
- abscess, liver (see also Abscess, amebic) 006.3
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 006.3 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.