2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E995.4
Injury due to war operations by unintentional drowning due to inability to surface or obtain air
- Short description: War inj:unintentl drown.
- ICD-9-CM E995.4 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E995.4 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E995.4 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM E995.4.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E995.4: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM Y36.470A War operations involving unintentional restriction of air and airway, military personnel, initial encounter