2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E995.4
Injury due to war operations by unintentional drowning due to inability to surface or obtain air
- Short description: War inj:unintentl drown.
- ICD-9-CM E995.4 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E995.4 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E995.4 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM E995.4.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E995.4: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM Y36.470A War operations involving unintentional restriction of air and airway, military personnel, initial encounter