2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E985.0
Injury by handgun, undetermined whether accidentally or purposely inflicted
- Short description: Undetermin circ-handgun.
- ICD-9-CM E985.0 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E985.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E985.0 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM E985.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E985.0: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM Y22.XXXA Handgun discharge, undetermined intent, initial encounter