2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E979.7
Terrorism involving chemical weapons
- Short description: Terrorism, chemicals.
- ICD-9-CM E979.7 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E979.7 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E979.7 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM E979.7.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E979.7: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM Y38.7X2A Terrorism involving chemical weapons, civilian injured, initial encounter
- Gases, fumes, chemicals
- Hydrogen cyanide