2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E979.7
Terrorism involving chemical weapons
- Short description: Terrorism, chemicals.
- ICD-9-CM E979.7 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E979.7 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E979.7 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM E979.7.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E979.7: 2013 2014 2015.
- Gases, fumes, chemicals
- Hydrogen cyanide
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM Y38.7X2A Terrorism involving chemical weapons, civilian injured, initial encounter