2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E956
Suicide and self-inflicted injury by cutting and piercing instrument
- Short description: Injury-cut instrument.
- ICD-9-CM E956 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E956 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E956 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM E956.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E956: 2013 2014 2015.
- Cause of suicide or self inflicted injury, cutting instrument
- Suicide or self injury by cutting
- Suicide or self injury by cutting (event)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM X78.9XXA Intentional self-harm by unspecified sharp object, initial encounter