2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E924.0
Accident caused by hot liquids and vapors, including steam
- Short description: Acc-hot liquid & steam.
- ICD-9-CM E924.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E924.0 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E924.0 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM E924.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E924.0: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM X12.XXXA Contact with other hot fluids, initial encounter
- hot (boiling) tap water (E924.2)
- Burning or scalding by:
- boiling water
- hot or boiling liquids not primarily caustic or corrosive
- liquid metal
- other hot vapor