2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E924.0
Accident caused by hot liquids and vapors, including steam
- Short description: Acc-hot liquid & steam.
- ICD-9-CM E924.0 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E924.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E924.0 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM E924.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E924.0: 2013 2014 2015.
- hot (boiling) tap water (E924.2)
- Burning or scalding by:
- boiling water
- hot or boiling liquids not primarily caustic or corrosive
- liquid metal
- other hot vapor
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM X12.XXXA Contact with other hot fluids, initial encounter