2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E879.5
Insertion of gastric or duodenal sound as the cause of abnormal reaction of patient, or of later complication, without mention of misadventure of time of procedure
- Short description: Abn react-gastric sound.
- ICD-9-CM E879.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E879.5 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E879.5 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM E879.5.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E879.5: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM Y84.5 Insertion of gastric or duodenal sound as the cause of abnormal reaction of the patient, or of later complication, without mention of misadventure at the time of the procedure