2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E873.3
Inadvertent exposure of patient to radiation during medical care
- Short description: Inadv radiat exp-medical.
- ICD-9-CM E873.3 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E873.3 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E873.3 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM E873.3.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E873.3: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM Y63.3 Inadvertent exposure of patient to radiation during medical care