2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E873.3
Inadvertent exposure of patient to radiation during medical care
- Short description: Inadv radiat exp-medical.
- ICD-9-CM E873.3 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E873.3 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E873.3 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM E873.3.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E873.3: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM Y63.3 Inadvertent exposure of patient to radiation during medical care