2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E868.9
Accidental poisoning by unspecified carbon monoxide
- Short description: Acc pois-carbn monox NOS.
- ICD-9-CM E868.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E868.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E868.9 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM E868.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E868.9: 2013 2014 2015.
- No ICD-10-CM code(s) convert to ICD-9-CM E868.9