2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E819.1
Motor vehicle traffic accident of unspecified nature injuring passenger in motor vehicle other than motorcycle
- Short description: Traffic acc NOS-pasngr.
- ICD-9-CM E819.1 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E819.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E819.1 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM E819.1.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E819.1: 2013 2014.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM V49.9XXA Car occupant (driver) (passenger) injured in unspecified traffic accident, initial encounter
- 2014 ICD-10-CM V59.9XXA Occupant (driver) (passenger) of pick-up truck or van injured in unspecified traffic accident, initial encounter
- 2014 ICD-10-CM V69.9XXA Occupant (driver) (passenger) of heavy transport vehicle injured in unspecified traffic accident, initial encounter