2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 994.1
Drowning and nonfatal submersion
- Short description: Drowning/nonfatal submer.
- ICD-9-CM 994.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 994.1 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 994.1.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 994.1: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM T75.1XXA Unspecified effects of drowning and nonfatal submersion, initial encounter
- Drowning (event)
- Near drowning
- Nonfatal submersion