2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 958.3
Posttraumatic wound infection not elsewhere classified
- Short description: Posttraum wnd infec NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 958.3 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 958.3 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 958.3.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 958.3: 2013 2014.
- Local infection of wound
- Posttraumatic wound infection
- Post-traumatic wound infection
- Wound infection, posttraumatic
- infected open wounds - code to complicated open wound of site
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM T79.8XXA Other early complications of trauma, initial encounter
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 958.3
- Burn (acid) (cathode ray) (caustic) (chemical) (electric heating appliance) (electricity) (fire) (flame) (hot liquid or object) (irradiation) (lime) (radiation) (steam) (thermal) (x-ray) 949.0
- infected 958.3
- Infection, infected, infective (opportunistic) 136.9
- posttraumatic NEC 958.3
- secondary, burn or open wound (dislocation) (fracture) 958.3
- traumatic NEC 958.3
- wound (local) (posttraumatic) NEC 958.3
- dislocation - see Dislocation, by site, open
- fracture - see Fracture, by site, open
- open wound - see Wound, open, by site, complicated
- postoperative 998.59
- surgical 998.59