2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 948.73
Burn [any degree] involving 70-79 percent of body surface with third degree burn, 30-39%
- Short description: 70-79% bdy brn/30-39% 3d.
- ICD-9-CM 948.73 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 948.73 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 948.73.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 948.73: 2013 2014 2015.
- Burn injury
- Burn involving 70-79 percent of body surface, with 30-39 percent of body surface with full thickness burn
- Burn, 70-79% BSA, third degree 30-39% BSA
- Chemical burn injury
- Chemical burn involving 70-79% of body surface with third degree burn of 30-39% of body surface area
- Chemical burn, 70-79% BSA, third degree 30-39% BSA
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T31.73 Burns involving 70-79% of body surface with 30-39% third degree burns
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T32.73 Corrosions involving 70-79% of body surface with 30-39% third degree corrosion