2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 873.20
Open wound of nose, unspecified site, without mention of complication
- Short description: Open wound of nose NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 873.20 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 873.20 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 873.20.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 873.20: 2013 2014 2015.
- Laceration of nose
- Nose laceration
- Open animal bite of nose
- Open bite of nose
- Open cat bite of nose
- Open dog bite of nose
- Open human bite of nose
- Open wound of nose
- Partial traumatic nose amputation
- Puncture wound of nose
- Traumatic amputation of nose
- Traumatic amputation of part of nose
- Traumatic nose amputation
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM S01.20XA Unspecified open wound of nose, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM S01.21XA Laceration without foreign body of nose, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM S01.23XA Puncture wound without foreign body of nose, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM S01.25XA Open bite of nose, initial encounter
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 873.20
- Wound, open (by cutting or piercing instrument) (by firearms) (cut) (dissection) (incised) (laceration) (penetration) (perforating) (puncture) (with initial hemorrhage, not internal) 879.8
- nose 873.20