2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 871.6
Penetration of eyeball with (nonmagnetic) foreign body
- Short description: Penetrat FB NEC eye.
- ICD-9-CM 871.6 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 871.6 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 871.6.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 871.6: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S05.50XA Penetrating wound with foreign body of unspecified eyeball, initial encounter
- Foreign body in eye, posterior wall
- Foreign body in posterior wall eye
- Retained intraocular foreign body, posterior wall