2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 848.40
Sprain of sternum , unspecified site
- Short description: Sprain of sternum NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 848.40 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 848.40 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 848.40.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 848.40: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S23.429A Unspecified sprain of sternum, initial encounter
- Sprain of sternum
- Sternum sprain
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 848.40
- Sprain, strain (joint) (ligament) (muscle) (tendon) 848.9
- breast bone 848.40
- sternum 848.40