2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 847.2
Sprain of lumbar
- Short description: Sprain lumbar region.
- ICD-9-CM 847.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 847.2 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 847.2.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 847.2: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S33.5XXA Sprain of ligaments of lumbar spine, initial encounter
- Low back strain
- Lumbar muscle strain
- Lumbar spine sprain
- Lumbar sprain
- Strain of lumbar region
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 847.2
- Sprain, strain (joint) (ligament) (muscle) (tendon) 848.9
- lumbar (spine) 847.2