2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 840.0
Acromioclavicular (joint) (ligament) sprain
- Short description: Sprain acromioclavicular.
- ICD-9-CM 840.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 840.0 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 840.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 840.0: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S43.50XA Sprain of unspecified acromioclavicular joint, initial encounter
- Left acromioclavicular ligament sprain
- Right acromioclavicular ligament sprain
- Sprain of acromioclavicular ligament
- Sprain of shoulder, acromioclavicular ligament
- Sprain shoulder, acromioclavicular ligament
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 840.0
- Sprain, strain (joint) (ligament) (muscle) (tendon) 848.9
- acromioclavicular 840.0