2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 782.4
Jaundice, unspecified, not of newborn
- clinical manifestation of hyperbilirubinemia, consisting of deposition of bile pigments in the skin, resulting in a yellowish staining of the skin and mucous membranes.
- (JAWN-dis) A condition in which the skin and the whites of the eyes become yellow, urine darkens, and the color of stool becomes lighter than normal. Jaundice occurs when the liver is not working properly or when a bile duct is blocked.
- Short description: Jaundice NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 782.4 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 782.4.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 782.4: 2013.
Convert 782.4 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 782.4: