2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 759.5
- autosomal dominant disease characterized principally by the presences of hamartomas of the brain, retina, and visera; clinical manifestations include mental retardation, seizures, and adenoma sebaceum of the face.
- A triad of epilepsy, mental retardation, and angiofibromas of numerous organs with intracranial hamartomatous lesions involving subependymal nodules and cerebral cortical tubers (hence the name "tuberous sclerosis."
- Hereditary disease characterized by seizures, mental retardation, developmental delay, and skin and ocular lesions. First signs usually occur during infancy or childhood but in rare cases may not occur until 2nd or 3rd decade.
- ICD-9-CM 759.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 759.5.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 759.5: 2013.
Convert 759.5 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 759.5: