2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 707.00
Pressure ulcer, unspecified site
- ulceration caused by prolonged pressure in patients permitted to lie too still for a long period of time; bony prominences of the body are the most frequently affected sites; ulcer is caused by ischemia of the underlying structures of the skin, fat, and muscles as a result of the sustained and constant pressure.
- Death of tissue due to external pressure.
- Short description: Pressure ulcer, site NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 707.00 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 707.00.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 707.00: 2013.
Convert 707.00 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 707.00: