2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 556.8
Other ulcerative colitis
- ICD-9-CM 556.8 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 556.8 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 556.8.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 556.8: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM K51.80 Other ulcerative colitis without complications
- Eosinophilic ulcerative colitis
- Idiopathic diffuse ulcerative nongranulomatous enteritis
- Mild chronic ulcerative colitis
- Severe chronic ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis, eosinophilic
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 556.8
- Colitis (acute) (catarrhal) (croupous) (cystica superficialis) (exudative) (hemorrhagic) (noninfectious) (phlegmonous) (presumed noninfectious) 558.9
- ulcerative (chronic) (idiopathic) (nonspecific) 556.9