2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 538
Gastrointestinal mucositis (ulcerative)
- Short description: GI mucositis (ulceratve).
- ICD-9-CM 538 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 538 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 538.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 538: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM K92.81 Gastrointestinal mucositis (ulcerative)
- Gastrointestinal mucositis, ulcerative
- Ulcerative gastrointestinal mucositis
- ulcerative gi mucositis
- Use additional E code to identify adverse effects of therapy, such as:
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 538
- Mucositis - see also Inflammation, by site 528.00
- gastrointestinal (ulcerative) 538