2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 521.00
Dental caries, unspecified
- localized destruction of calcified tissue initiated on the tooth surface by decalcification of the enamel of the teeth, followed by enzymatic lysis of organic structures, leading to cavity formation that, if left untreated penetrates the enamel and dentin and may reach the pulp.
- The decay of a tooth, in which it becomes softened, discolored, and/or porous.
- Short description: Dental caries NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 521.00 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 521.00.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 521.00: 2013.
Convert 521.00 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 521.00: