2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 456.21
Esophageal varices in diseases classified elsewhere, without mention of bleeding
- Short description: Esoph varice oth dis NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 456.21 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 456.21 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 456.21.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 456.21: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM I85.10 Secondary esophageal varices without bleeding
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 456.21
- Varix (lower extremity) (ruptured) 454.9
- esophagus (ulcerated) 456.1