2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 421.9
Acute endocarditis, unspecified
- Acute inflammation of the endocardium. Bacteria is the usual etiologic agent, and the distinction between "acute" and "subacute" has traditionally been made based on the pathogenic organism and clinical presentation.
- Short description: Ac/subac endocardit NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 421.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 421.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 421.9: 2013.
421.9 Alternative Terminology
Convert 421.9 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 421.9: