2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 366.9
- opacity or cloudiness of the crystalline lens, which may prevent a clear image from forming on the retina; may be congenital or caused by trauma, disease, or age.
- Partial or complete opacity of the crystalline lens of one or both eyes that decreases visual acuity and eventually results in blindness. Some cataracts appear in infancy or in childhood, but most develop in older individuals. (Diagnostic Surgical Pathology, 3rd ed.)
- Short description: Cataract NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 366.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 366.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 366.9: 2013.
366.9 Alternative Terminology
Convert 366.9 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 366.9: