2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 359.23
- A syndrome of short stature; generalized myotonia with contractures of major joints, microstomia, and muscle rigidity; ocular anomalies, mainly blepharophimosis; and characteristic facies marked by pinched or frozen smile puckered lips. Some degree of mental retardation occurs in about 25% of patients. The affected children usually appear normal at birth and the symptoms become recognizable at 1 to 3 years of age. Malignant hyperthermia is a potentially lethal hazard during anesthesia.
- Short description: Myotonic chondrodystrphy.
- ICD-9-CM 359.23 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 359.23.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 359.23: 2013.
Convert 359.23 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 359.23: