2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 342.9
- severe or complete loss of motor function on one side of the body; this condition is usually caused by brain diseases that are localized to the cerebral hemisphere opposite to the side of weakness; less frequently, brain stem lesions; cervical spinal cord diseases, peripheral nervous system diseases, and other conditions may manifest as hemiplegia.
- Paralysis of one side of the body.
- Paralysis of one side of the body resulting from disease or injury to the brain or spinal cord.
- There are 3 ICD-9-CM codes below 342.9 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 342.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 342.9: 2013.
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 342.9: