2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 338.2
- Pain that continues for longer than expected.
- Pain that can range from mild to severe, and persists or progresses over a long period of time.
- pain which has persisted over a long period of time; also use NTs for specific types of pain if appropriate.
- Unpleasant sensory and emotional experience arising from actual or potential tissue damage or described in terms of such damage (International Association for the Study of Pain); sudden or slow onset of any intensity from mild to severe, constant or recurring without an anticipated or predictable end and a duration of greater than 6 months
- There are 4 ICD-9-CM codes below 338.2 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 338.2.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 338.2: 2013.