2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 333.0
Other degenerative diseases of the basal ganglia
- A rare neuroaxonal dystrophy, histologically characterized by axonal spheroids, iron deposition, lewy body (LB)-like intraneuronal inclusions and neurofibrillary tangles.
- spastic weakness of the muscles innervated by the cranial nerves, i.e., the muscle of the face, pharynx, and tongue, due to bilateral lesions of the corticospinal tract.
- A progressive neurological disorder characterized by ophthalmoplegia, dystonia, memory impairment, personality disorders, and dementia. Etiology is unknown.
- Short description: Degen basal ganglia NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 333.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 333.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 333.0: 2013.
333.0 Alternative Terminology
Convert 333.0 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 333.0: