2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 299.0
- disorder beginning in childhood marked by the presence of markedly abnormal or impaired development in social interaction and communication and a markedly restricted repertoire of activity and interest; manifestations of the disorder vary greatly depending on the developmental level and chronological age of the individual.
- type of autism characterized by very early detection (< 30 months), social coldness, grossly impaired communication, and bizarre motor responses.
- There are 2 ICD-9-CM codes below 299.0 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 299.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 299.0: 2013.
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 299.0: