2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 296.33
Major depressive affective disorder, recurrent episode, severe, without mention of psychotic behavior
- Short description: Recur depr psych-severe.
- ICD-9-CM 296.33 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 296.33 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 296.33.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 296.33: 2013 2014 2015.
- Depression, major, severe recurrence
- Major depression, recurrent, severe
- Severe recurrent major depression
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM F33.2 Major depressive disorder, recurrent severe without psychotic features