2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 287.1
Qualitative platelet defects
- disorders caused by abnormalities in platelet count or function.
- qualitative disorder of the blood platelets, due mainly to deficiency of platelet factor 3.
- platelet abnormality characterized by defective clot formation, impaired aggregation, and prolonged bleeding time; other manifestations include nosebleeds, inappropriate bruising, and excessive bleeding.
- Short description: Thrombocytopathy.
- ICD-9-CM 287.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 287.1.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 287.1: 2013.
287.1 Alternative Terminology
Convert 287.1 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 287.1: