2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 253.9
Unspecified disorder of the pituitary gland and its hypothalamic control
- Short description: Pituitary disorder NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 253.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 253.9 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 253.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 253.9: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM E23.3 Hypothalamic dysfunction, not elsewhere classified
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM E23.7 Disorder of pituitary gland, unspecified
- Abnormality of neurotensine secretion
- Disease of pituitary gland
- Disorder of anterior pituitary
- Disorder of hypothalamus
- Disorder of pituitary gland
- Disorder of posterior pituitary
- Grahmann's syndrome
- Houssay's syndrome
- Hypothalamic disorder of appetite
- Hypothalamic granuloma
- Hypothalamic mass
- Hypothalamic syndrome
- Mass of hypothalamus (finding)
- Pituitary disorder
- Pituitary fibrosis
- Pituitary fibrosis with midline fibrosis
- Pituitary granuloma
- Pituitary stalk compression
- Pituitary stalk compression hyperprolactinemia
- Pituitary, parathyroid, thymus disorder
- Primary pituitary - hypothalamic infertility